You can backup and restore entire organizations, accounts or objects with the Dataloop Command Line Tool and a Linux backup server.
1. Install the Dataloop Command Line Utility
pip install dlcli
2. Create the file /etc/dataloop/dlcli.yaml and enter your details
--- account: default key: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx org: acme-ltd url: https://app.dataloop.io/api/v1
3. Create a directory for your backups
4. Create a private Git repo called 'dataloop', add deploy keys for the root user with push access and optionally add a webhook to notify a Slack channel. Then clone into /backup so you have /backup/dataloop as your local copy.
5. Create a file called dataloop-backup.sh in /usr/local/bin with the following content
#!/usr/bin/env bash cd /backup/dataloop rm -fr /backup/dataloop/* /usr/local/bin/dlcli --backupdir /backup/dataloop --settingsfile /etc/dataloop/dlcli.yaml backup org acme-ltd git add . git commit -m 'backup of acme-ltd org' git push
Change the acme-ltd to whatever your org is called.
6. Setup a cron to run the backup every 10 mins
*/10 * * * * /usr/local/bin/dataloop-backup.sh > /var/log/backup.log 2>&1